Thursday, January 3, 2013

3/362

Since Sandy reeked havoc over two months ago, I am still amazed by two things. First, and I know this may sound strange as I live at the beach, but the massive amount of displaced sand. There is still sand everywhere, roof tops, roads, and covering street signs. It resembles freshly fallen snow. And sadly a sight which I will not soon forget, that of all the personal belongings which are now trash. The piles yesterday’s treasures reach high in the sky and stretch for blocks in the many make shift landfills. It will be months, perhaps years before our beaches and towns are restore to their prior state a beauty.

 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't imagine. Look forward to following you on your 365 journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The HDR makes this sad picture even more eerily haunting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I couldn't imagine seeing that on a daily basis. We forget since it's not in our face all the time, how difficult it can be to live near or in a disaster area.

    Nice shot. Found you through the Click It Up A Notch 365 linky. :)

    ReplyDelete